Vulcain still impresses year by year. Both actual and capable of delivering up to date models with charming retro design and functionalities that only the brand has the secret, Vulcain announces the release of a a little gem this year. Faithful replica of a 1970 model, the Vulcain Nautical Seventies promises to be a great success… but limited.
After revisiting the 50s, Vulcain therefore pursues the development of its collections with a watch inspired by the 70s. A 100% vintage watch: case, dial colors and hesalite. Everything is there!
Here is the original model:
1970 Vulcain Nautical (source: Modern Vintage Classic Watches)
Condensed of the codes that have forged the legend of the first diver’s watch with a truly underwater audible alarm movement, the new Nautical Seventies Limited Edition is waterproof to 300 meters and indicates decompression stops.
300, a key number for this Vulcain Nautical Seventies, since this edition is limited to only 300 copies. Dear friends, you’ll have to fight for it!
While the 2013 Nautical Seventies Limited Edition has been made using the latest technical innovations, the original vintage spirit has been carefully preserved. Starting with the manually-wound Cricket V-10 capable of sounding its alarm in a clearly audible manner for up to 20 seconds under water.
Equipped with twin barrels – one to supply the energy required for the hour, minute and seconds functions, and the other to power the alarm function –, this movement finely crafted by Vulcain beats at a speed of 18,000 vibrations per hour and has a 42-hour power reserve.
Some pure vintage that Vulcain decided to fix on out wrist with a comfortable and sturdy strap in water-repellent leather.
Case: 316L steel
- Back:triple case-back serving as a resonance chamber and enabling underwater use of the alarm function
- Dial: orange re-edition of the 1970s model
- Diameter: 42.00 mm
- Thickness: 17.60 mm
- Glass: hesalite glass
- Water resistance: 300 metres / 990 feet
- Decoration: nickel coating, blued screws
- Functions: hours, minutes, central seconds, alarm, fixed dial with decompression-table indication and 60-minute graduated rotating inner bezel ring activated by a screw-locked crown at 4 o’clock
- Frequency: 18,000 vibrations/hour
- Power reserve: 42 hours
- Alarm duration: approx. 20 seconds
- Dimensions: 22/18 mm
- Buckle: steel pin buckle
Price : ND